Uploading images to the server
New images can be uploaded to the server by use of ftp (see below for detailed instructions).
Please note the following:
- Images of the TIFF file format will be automatically converted and renamed to PNG-images
- Uploaded images will be automatically removed after two weeks
- It is not possible to delete or overwrite existing imagefiles
- Non-valid images (or filetypes) are automatically deleted (e.g. 'image.bla' is removed, while 'image.png' is kept)
- Spaces and the &-symbol contained in a filename are replaced by underscores (e.g. 'an image.png' is replaced by 'an_image.png')
- Images which are larger than 1024 x 1024 pixels are automatically scaled down to a size smaller than 1024 pixels in
both directions (the original aspect-ratio is maintained)
- After a new imagefile is stored on the server, the webpage should be reloaded (to update the list of images)
Transferring images using Microsoft Internet Explorer or File Explorer
Copy this addres "ftp://firstname.lastname@example.org" to a file explorer to open a window with a list of the available images on the server. New images can be put on the server by 'dragging and dropping' your own imagefiles on this window. If this doesn't work, please try transferring the images by using regular ftp (see below).
Transferring images by using regular ftp
Now the connection is established. Files can be put on the server by using the command put.
E.g. if you would like to put the file 'image.png' on the server from your directory 'C:\images\image\'
type the following: put C:\images\image\image.png [Enter].
- Open a command shell (e.g. cmd in Windows)
- (start the ftp-client) type: ftp [Enter]
- (open a connection) type: open [Enter]
- (enter the servername) type: matlabserver.cs.rug.nl [Enter]
- (enter username) type: user-glaucoma [Enter]
- (enter password) type: [Enter]
To close the connection, type the following: bye.
If it is still not possible to put the image on the server, please send the image(s) (and a description of the problem) to
email@example.com. The image will be added as soon as possible.